Well as far as towing it yourself there are some steps that you would need to take.
- Find someone with a vehicle powerful enough to tow yours.
- Buy a suitable tow strap.
- Find a suitable place to attach your tow strap.
- Check the brakes, steering, and warning lamps to make sure they are functioning sufficiently for your tow.
- Make an inspection of your towing connections and discuss plans with your tow driver.
- Climb in behind the wheel of the vehicle being towed, disengage the parking brake, and put the vehicle in neutral.
- Pull forward with the tow vehicle until the tow line is tight, then release the brake in the vehicle being towed, and prepare to be pulled.
- Steer in a straight track with the vehicle pulling the towed car.
- Signal turns in the vehicle being towed to let cars behind you know you will be slowing.
But even with this method the precautions and all it is still illegal to do in most areas.
So what do you do now? Well you can always rent a Tow Dolly which will still cost you, and you still have to deal with all that hassle.
Alternatively you can choose the option with the most peace of mind and have the professionals at Kar Toad Towing do this service for you. You don't have to worry about the risk of damaging your vehicle, or going through the hassle and time consuming process of self towing.
Also keep in mind to make sure the car is worth actually keeping and if not there is always the towing option to do cash for cars.
Give us a call at Kar Toad Towing (801) 974.9561 and have the professionals give you that peace of mind and hassle free towing experience you deserve.